Ronald E. White, Ph.D.
Firm Managing Partner and Senior Consultant
Regulatory agencies and utilities throughout the United States and Canada regard Dr. White as a leading authority on complex matters of depreciation, valuation and capital recovery.
Dr. White is Managing Partner of Foster Associates and heads the firm’s Florida office.
Expert testimony and consultancy
Dr. White is a sought-after witness for administrative and judicial proceedings involving a variety of industry sectors. He has conducted over 300 depreciation/valuation studies and provided expert opinion in over 150 state and federal judicial proceedings in 38 states (including the District of Columbia) as well as Canadian provinces.
His testimony has addressed a wide range of complex depreciation, valuation and capital recovery issues, including:
- Engineering Economy Studies
- Group depreciation methods, procedures and techniques
- Depreciation under both regulation and competition
- Rebalancing of Recorded Depreciation Reserves
- Revenue requirements and capital recovery
- Net salvage component of depreciation rates
- Asset impairment issues
- Just compensation for damage claims
- Property tax valuation
- Statistical methods of service life studies
- Abandonment of FASB 71
- Adoption of FAS143 and FIN 47
- Implementation of IFRS
- Treatment of third-party reimbursements
- Amortization Accounting
- Financial Implication of Depreciation Policies
- Depreciation and Valuation Theory
Dr. White has also testified in proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Federal Power Commission, Securities and Exchange Commission, and has appeared as a testifying witness in a variety of civil actions in state and federal courts. Dr. White has also served as an arbitrator in contract disputes.
Papers, panels and publications
Dr. White is regarded as a thought leader in the field of depreciation, valuation and capital recovery. He has published or presented nearly 50 papers on these and related topics.
Iowa State University, B.S., M.S., Ph.D.